Thursday, December 27, 2012

Chain Letter Link Up

This post is long over due, so I apologize. I have been waiting for another blogger to respond to me, but I am still waiting. I thought I would go ahead and post one for you! 

I had the opportunity to connect with Rachel Jones from Let's Talk Speech Therapy! 


1. Your name, email, blog address, link to TpT store if you have one

2. When and why did you start blogging?
I started blogging in July of this year. I saw so many other SLPs blogging, and they had some awesome stuff, but I felt like I was in a different place due to still being in grad school. As I was testing the waters of grad school, I had so wished to have someone telling me "This is normal! You're ok!" who wasn't in my program-someone from the "outside" :) So I started Let's Talk Speech Therapy! Going from pre-CCC to SLP is a lot of work, and I love sharing my journey. I also love making materials and sharing ideas that come from my therapy time!

3. What is your favorite population to work with?
Tough! I love early intervention, but Autism and developmental disorders have a special, special place in my heart too. 

4. How much time per week do you spend blogging and/or creating materials?
During grad school? Not nearly as much as I want-its typically reserved for weekends. Now that I have a little more time, maybe 5-10 hours a week. We'll see how it evens out :)

5. What's your favorite topic to create materials for?
Language! Language language language. It's what I find myself using and needing the most. I also love doing books in therapy, and hope to start creating a lot more theme-based material.
6. What's the best thing about blogging? 
Community! With my friends, we typically find ourselve ooh-ing and aahhh-ing over the materials the other has, or great ideas that are discussed over dinner and coffee (and homework!) I love sharing what I do, and being able to learn from others.
7. Do you have any blogging tips?
Be patient. Starting up my blog, I thought (for some reason or another) that I would instantly become famous over-night. It takes time, and slowly but surely, people will find you!

8.  What areas do you work with most on a weekly basis?
Language, mostly. A little artic here and there, but in the grad school clinic setting, I only had a handful of clients. 

9. What's your favorite thing to do when you're not working or creating? 
I love watching movies,drinking coffee, DIY projects, baking, and reading non-textbooks :)
10. Add a question and answer of your choice (can be speech related or not)
PC or Mac?
It depends! I love my PC-its familiar and what I know. Anything else? Apple all the way. (I love my iPad and am not afraid to show it :)

1 comment :

Pin It button on image hover