Tuesday, January 9, 2018

2017 Recap: Abundance



2017 was a big year for me, both personally and professionally.  In January, I randomly selected the word "abundance" as my word of the year.  I had no idea what that was going to mean/look like for me, but I was excited to find out.   

January turned out to be one of the hardest months of the year for us.  We found out that I have polycystic ovarian syndrome, which meant we weren't sure how long our journey to parenthood would be.  We also lost two people close to us, both unexpectedly.   Not a great start for a year that was supposed to be about "abundance."  

Fast forward to March 17th, and we find out that we are expecting!  What an incredible blessing.  I was also dealing with a wide range of emotions: overjoyed that we were expecting and anxious about the health of the baby (my levels were low and miscarriages run in my family).

In May, we found out it was going to be a girl and that she had a strong heartbeat. 

In June, I took on a new role at my job as a clinical supervisor.  This was something that I had been preparing for for a long time, and I was excited to finally begin on this journey.  I had a fantastic grad student who made it a very easy first semester of supervising! 

This fall, I took a break from supervising grad students and took on yet another new role as a Clinical Fellowship mentor.  This was another exciting adventure for me (one that I'm still on).  It has challenged me (in a good way) and has also shown me how much you learn in a few short years out of grad school.  It's amazing!  

On Thanksgiving Day, we welcomed our daughter, Adeline Grace.  We are so so so blessed.



In December, we traveled so that Addy could meet all SIX of her living great-grandparents.  She was a trooper.  It was incredible watching them with her and seeing four generations present in one room, something that doesn't happen very often.  

Now I can see why "abundance" was given to me as my word.  We were so abundantly blessed this year.  I cannot wait to see what 2018 holds.

Happy New Year, friends!   


No comments :

Post a Comment

Pin It button on image hover